To be honest, it’s challenging to get some quality shut-eye time even without any kind of body discomfort or pain. Our uncontrollable need to incessantly scroll through social media, binge-watch NetFlix for hours, or do both simultaneously hasn’t been helpful. Sleeping through a shoulder or neck pain can be problematic majorly because our mind becomes more aware of the pain at night. We are often preoccupied with our work tasks and other chores that take our mind off the pain and discomfort during the daytime. If you have been facing the same struggle, keep reading this blog for some effective tips.
SLEEP ON THE OTHER SIDE
The most effective way to keep your pain from worsening while getting quality sleep is to sleep on the pain-free side. Place a large pillow behind your back to avoid rolling over to the painful side. Even if you toss and turn at night while sleeping, the pillow will stop you from rolling over and help you stay put.
USE PILLOWS FOR SUPPORT
If you have multiple pillows at home, here’s how you can use them to ease your sleep during pain and discomfort:
- Take two pillows. Hug one while keeping the other tucked high up in the other arm for support.
- Keep a pillow between your legs when you are sleeping on your good side or behind your thighs if you are sleeping at your back.
- As you sleep on your side or back, have one pillow supporting your shoulder while placing the other pillow at the top to support your neck.
When you go to sleep, practice some deep breathing. Try to relax and calm your mind to improve the flow of oxygen into your muscles. This promotes faster healing while aiding relaxation in your body.
ADD SOME STRETCHES AND REHABILITATIVE MOVEMENT
Some light stretches, and rehabilitative exercises can help you get rid of pain and discomfort while restoring balance and energy levels within your body. Some basic stretches that can help you include:
- Roll down your shoulders down and back for 10 or more reps
- Perform some head rolls; look up, down, sideways, and rotate for comfortable reps
- Sit straight and put your left hand on your right shoulder; cup your left elbow with your right hand; roll your shoulders down and back and hold the stretch for at least 10 to 30 seconds
- Do the same on the other side
If you have been facing intense pain for more than three days, it’s better to consult an expert physician or a doctor for proper treatment. In most cases, our body experiences discomfort due to a large amount of EMF radiation exposure we undergo in our day-to-day lives. The energy waves from our household devices, including laptops, wi-fi routers, microwaves, and phones, tend to disrupt our natural biological and chemical balance in our bodies leading to mood swings, irritation, and body discomfort. A quality pain relief patch for shoulder can help you get rid of the pain as you get on your day. For more information, browse our website or feel free to drop a mail at email@example.com.